Advanced Quality Control (AQC) Solutions
for Thermo-Mechanical Pulping
The heart of our system is Metso’s AQC Solution for TMP (Advanced Quality Control Solution for Thermo-Mechanical Pulping). The AQC Solution ensures pulp production targets are met at the highest levels of quality with the lowest variability and production costs.
With the AQC Solution effectively controlling pulp production and quality, the system provides effective control mechanisms for economic and quality optimization of your mill. Regardless of the size of your operation, we tailor your AQC Solution to best meet your economic and process requirements.
Metso provides the most comprehensive package available in the area of Advanced Quality Control. We have successfully implemented AQC Solutions in many mills and delivered sustained and quantifiable economic benefits to our clients. Metso brings considerable strength to the pulp and paper industry in Advanced Quality Control including:
- an unbeatable combination of high-level business integration expertise and an enviable history in delivering real-world solutions to the pulp and paper industry.
- a global team of seasoned professionals to provide up-front analysis, implementation expertise, and post-installation support.
- TMP process control and optimization expertise
- Proven Track Record of sustained benefits
Our demonstrable track record includes multiple advanced process control applications in every sector of pulp and paper processes. Particularly to this application, Metso has implemented AQC Solutions
on 72 refiners, covering all major types of refiners including: Metso CD, Sprout Bauer twin Disk, Hymac and Sprout twin series. In all cases, an AQC Solution has significantly improved performance of the refiners in terms of pulp quality and refiner efficiency improvements.
Successful Advanced Quality Control Installations
In addition to refiner control, Metso has implemented AQC Solutions to optimize mill-wide performance. These solutions have delivered excellent return on investment and continue to deliver benefits in a sustained fashion. Installations include:
- Abitibi Consolidated Inc., Stephenville, NF, Canada
- Alberta Newsprint, Whitecourt, AB, Canada
- Augusta Newsprint, Augusta, GA, USA
- Boise, DeRidder, LA, USA
- Bowater Inc., Catawba, SC, USA
- Bowater Inc., Ponderay Newsprint Co., Usk, WA, USA
- Bowater Inc., Thunder Bay ON, Canada
- Papier Masson, Masson PQ, Canada