Interim Review, January 1 – June 30, 2012: Solid order intake, strong net sales growth, and good results development
Highlights of the first quarter of 2012
- New orders worth EUR 1,735 million were received in April–June (EUR 2,883 million). Excluding the exceptionally large orders booked during the comparison period, underlying orders received increased in the Mining and Construction segment and were somewhat down in the Pulp, Paper and Power segment. Automation segment orders received were in line with the comparison period. Orders received by the services business across all segments were EUR 812 million, i.e. 48 percent of all orders received (EUR 866 million and 31%).
- Net sales increased 21 percent on the comparison period to EUR 1,897 million (EUR 1,567 million). Our Services business net sales were up 15 percent and totaled EUR 795 million, accounting for 43 percent of total net sales (EUR 691 million and 46%).
- Earnings before interest, tax, and amortization (EBITA), before non-recurring items, increased 27 percent and were EUR 177.4 million, i.e. 9.4 percent of net sales (EUR 139.8 million and 8.9%).
- Earnings per share were EUR 0.70 (EUR 0.45).
- Free cash flow was EUR 46 million negative (EUR 49 million positive).
Figures in brackets, unless otherwise stated, refer to the comparison period, i.e. the same period last year.
For fuller information, check out our news story Interim Review January 1 - June 30, 2012
or download the whole interim report Q2/2012