High fidelity simulations of mining and mineral processing systems
Presented by Dr. John A. Herbst, Metso Minerals - optimization services and university of Utah.
This one-day shortcourse/workshop is designed to provide engineers and managers with an understanding of these tools and their applications in the mining and mineral processing industry.
The course format will include formal lectures combined with discussion/workshop sessions to address applications in a variety of process industries.
- Fundamentals of high gidelity simulation
- Multiphysics models
- Mathematical tools for simulation
- Visualization options
- Head to head comparisons
- DEM, CFD, FEM - Breakage for mineral processing design and optimization
- Crushing and grinding applications; motion, wear and breakage considerations
- SAG/AG: design of liners, lifters, grates; selection of media size/load
- Ball mills: design of liners, lifters; selection of operating conditions
- Primary crushers: design of profiles; selection of operating conditions
- Material Handling
- Other processes
- Mine-to-mill flowsheet simulation
- Evaluation of options
- Identification of relevant problems
- Defining a methodology for solutions
- Quantification of benefits