VERTIMILL® for fine grinding
Metso draws from more than 100 years of mill design and manufacturing expertise, and three decades of successful VERTIMILL® applications.
Since its introduction in late 1979, over 300 VERTIMILLS® have been sold worldwide.
The VERTIMILL® has proven to be a versatile tool that exhibits many advantages over traditional ball milling.
The VERTIMILL® is capable of handling feed sizes up to 6 mm and grinding to products less than 20 microns, and has standard mill sizes ranging from 15HP (11kW) to 3000HP (2240 kW).
The VERTIMILL® is suitable for:
- Primary grinding
- Secondary grinding
- Regrind applications
- Fine grinding
- Lime Slaking
Main benefits of VERTIMILL® are:
- Higher energy efficiency – Typically 30-35% , greater than 50% energy savings has been reported
- Lower operating cost
– Requires Little Maintenance – saves time and labor
– Long Wear Life – lower wear parts costs and labor associated with replacement
- High Availability -Greater than 98% is common
- Lower installation cost –Shorter duration and simpler foundations
- Requires less floor space
- Less noise -usually below 85db
- Greater operating safety
- Main features of VERTIMILL® are:
- Premium Efficiency High Torque Motor
- Three Stage Reducer
- Automatically greased bearings
- Solid Steel Grinding Screw with bolt on replaceable liners
- Orebed® Magnetic Shell Liners
- Modular Mill Body
- Access Door for maintenance and screw removal
Large scale installations of multiple Vertimill® are possible and are becoming more and more popular. One project is currently installing Sixteen (16) VTM-1500-WBs in a secondary grinding application. It is projected that the energy and media consumptions savings alone will be in excess of $100 million US Dollars over the life of the mine compared with traditional ball mills.
Metso has recently developed a 3000 HP (2240kW) Vertimill®, designated the VTM-3000-WB. It will begin operation in 2009 with a targeted through put of 2000 mtph. The development of this mill and larger Vertimills in the future makes the practicality of Vertimills® in Primary and Secondary grinding applications very economical.
Materials successfully ground in the Metso VERTIMILL® include the following:
Blast Furnace Slag
Coal – oil
Coal – water
Coal Tar Sludge
Coke – oil
Decanter Tar Sludge
Lead Zinc Ore
Zinc Lead Ore
Our engineers will review your specifications and recommend the proper VERTIMILL® for your application.
See also VERTIMILL® for FGD applications
and VERTIMILL® for Lime slaking applications.