Pyro process research & test center
The Process Research & Test Center is a fully equipped pyro test facility with the capabilities to perform complex material and process tests and evaluations, as well as simulating commercial flow sheets.
The Test center is unique in its ability to generate a complete flow sheet with many different unit operations, which can be assembled to represent a commercial plant. In addition, Metso process engineers are involved in the test work to prepare feasibility studies and interpretation of test results to commercial equipment sizing, design, supply, installation, training and startup.
Equipment available for tests:
|Batch rotary kilns||Balling pan|
|Combustion chamber|| Lab crushers|
|Indirect fired || Wet scrubbers|
|Ported|| Batch grinding|
|Pot-grate || Lab furnaces|
|Fluid bed|| Weigh feeders|
|Pilot kiln & cooler|| Baghouse|
|Pilot dryer|| Afterburner|
|Pilot indirect fired|
The Test center performs necessary test work for sizing and design of commercial equipment using bench, batch and continuous pilot plant scale testing. The Test center has performed over 100 continuous pilot tests since 1950. The Test center also performs standard tests, such as: Limestone evaluation, agglomeration studies, and various size distribution tests.
Process research and test center pilot plant studies
- Iron ore: Grate-kiln; Rotary DRI; Steel Mill Waste
- Coal: Gasification; Coal Upgrader; Coal Water Slurry
- Reduction: Ilmenite; Arsenic removal; Selective reduction; Nickel laterite
- Waste: Lightweight aggregate; Tire pyrolysis; Al pot liners; Municipal waste; Wood gasification, Pyrolysis; Al dross; Foundry sand; Catalysis; TiO2 Residue; Incineration
- Miscellaneous: Glass making; Munitions destruction; Oil condenser; Oil shale; Clay
A few of the materials tested and the various pieces of equipment are shown here:
To get your process tested contact Pete Wilver
in Danville, USA.