Wet low intensity magnetic separators
Metso's LIMS, low intensity magnetic separators for recovery of ferro magnetic ores to produce pre-concentrates or concentrates are available with three different tank designs, (concurrent, counter-current and counter-rotation) using a common magnetic drum assembly. Two of the tanks are designed to enable easy multi-stage erection.
Main benefits of LIMS are:
Main feautures fof LIMS are:
- The magnetic system allows for very high loading with excellent selectivity at highest recovery, which reduces the number of units required.
- Fewer machines means less maintenance, lower capital and operating costs
- The heart of the magnetic separator is the magnet assembly. Metso provides basically two different assemblies: High Capacity and High Gradient, (HG). The High Capacity assembly is the standard magnetic system. The main differences between the two magnet assemblies are pole pitch, pole sizes, and number of poles.
- The Magnet assemblies are similar in design with both having a number of main poles and a number of intermediate cross poles for flux control and enhancement of the magnetic performance. The magnet poles are attached to a rigid steel yoke, which, in turn, is attached to the drum shaft.
- The High Capacity assembly is comprised of six main poles and four intermediate poles, while the High Gradient Assembly has twelve main poles and eleven cross poles. A special magnet assembly is the DWHG, which consists of fourteen main poles and thirteen cross poles.
- The High Capacity assembly has a higher magnetic flux rating but due to its inherently lower field gradient the magnetic attraction force is actually lower when compared with the High Gradient type.
Wet LIMS - Concurrent (CC)
Wet LIMS - Countercurrent (CTC)
Wet LIMS - Counterrotation - (CR)
- The High Gradient version is hence more capable of recovering material, which is finer or less magnetic; however, its capacity is reduced as its magnetic force drops off faster as the distance increases from the magnets.
- Metso has been involved in magnetic separation for more than one hundred years.
- Metso has produced more than five thousand magnetic drums used in both dry and wet processing.
- Metso wet magnetic separators are continuously undergoing improvements to meet the everincreasing demands of our customers.
- Metso has been and is still the leader in the development of high capacity, high performance Wet Low Intensity Magnetic Separators (LIMS) for several decades.
Brochure Wet Low Intensity Magnetic Separators Iron Ore EN (1752 kB)
Brochure Wet Low Intensity Magnetic Separator RU (2043 kB)
Technical Specification LIMS IO
Brochure Wet Low Intensity Magnet Separtors Iron Ore Processing CN ( 1865 kB)