Metso's Attrition Scrubbing machines are simple, yet highly efficient units for scrubbing particles at densities of 70 - 80% solids.
Two opposed Helix type propellers on each shaft force particles against each other, resulting in intense scrubbing, polishing and disintegration. Efficiencies generally increase with and increase of the density of the pulp, as particles have more frequent grain to grain contact. The twin propellers, mounted on a shaft inside a tank, are supported by a heavy-duty steel structure. Shafts are coupled to either gearbox or spindle bearing drives. An opening in each cell partition allows pulp to flow through the machine. Machines are usually supplied with two, four or six cells, with each cell ranging in volume from 4 to 9900 liter’s. (1cubic foot to 359 cubic foot). Odd cell arrangements are also available as custom supply.
Attrition scrubbers are suitable for:
Main benefits of Attrition scrubbers are:
- Removal of iron surface from sandparticles
- Delaminate clay (blunging)
- Sand and glass sand scrubbing.
- Salt scrubbing - liberate clays from salts (e.g., Potash, etc.).
- Washing plastics - Polyethylene TetraPhthalate (PET) plastic chips for recycling.
- Backfill preparation (includes mixing cement with mine tailings, fly ash and/or lime for backfilling underground mine areas).
- Soil washing to scrub contaminants from soil surfaces
- Lime slaking
- Repulping filter cake
Main features of Attrition scrubbers are:
- Attrition scrubbers are mainly used for washing of material below 10 mm in size.
- Very high energy inputs are possible used for washing of silica sand for glass making
- and cleaning of foundry sand.
- The machine is also suitable for clay blunging and lime slaking,
- Two-stage scrubbing as practiced in sand-plants, to liberate bituminous or carbonaceous matter and clays in the production of specification sand.
- Potash crystals where clay must be disintegrated prior to washing, and where removal of slime coatings greatly improves or is essential to flotation recovery.
- Polishing sand grain surfaces to remove iron stains and disintegrate clay fractions, prior to flotation
Brochure Attrition Scrubbers EN (634 kB)
Brochure Attrition Scrubbers CN (897 kB)