ADDITION TO THE BOARDS OF DIRECTORS OF METSO'S BUSINESS AREAS ON SEPTEMBER 27, 2001
Matti Kähkönen, the new President of Metso Automation Inc. is the member of Metso Automation Inc.'s business area board.
The members of the Board of Metso Automation Inc. are:
- Tor Bergman, President and CEO, Metso Corporation, Chairman
- Sakari Tamminen, Executive Vice President, Metso Corporation, Vice Chairman
- Matti Kähkönen, President, Metso Automation
- Markku A Karlsson, Senior Vice President, Corporate Technology, Metso Corporation
- Bertel Karlstedt, President, Paper Making Lines, Metso Paper
- Vesa Kainu, Executive Vice President, Metso Minerals
- Harri Luoto, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Metso Corporation, Secretary
Metso Corporation is a global supplier of process industry machinery and systems. Metso's core businesses are divided between Metso Paper (fiber and paper technology), Metso Minerals (rock and mineral processing) and Metso Automation (automation and control technology). In 2000, the net sales of Metso Corporation were EUR 3.9 billion, and the personnel totaled approximately 22,000. Metso Corporation is listed on the Helsinki and New York Stock Exchanges.
Metso completed its offer for Svedala Industri AB on September 14, 2001. Svedala is a global supplier of products and services for rock and mineral processes. Metso's and Svedala's combined net sales are approximately EUR 5,400 million (in 2000) and the amount of personnel is 32,000.