CHANGES IN RESPONSIBILITIES OF METSO'S MANAGEMENT
The Board of Director's of Metso Corporation has decided to make changes in the corporate management's areas of responsibility, effective from October 1, 2001, in order to promote Metso's strategic development as a knowledge-based company and also to support the development of the Future Care business concept and the integration of Metso Minerals after the Svedala acquisition.
Changes in the management of Metso's business areas
Arto Aaltonen, President of Metso Automation, has been appointed the Executive Vice President of Metso Paper. Aaltonen will be responsible for fiber technology, the development of the business area and customer relationship management.
Matti Kähkönen, President of Metso Automation's Field Systems division, has been appointed the President of Metso Automation.
Vesa Kainu, the President of Metso Paper Service, has been appointed the Executive Vice President of Metso Minerals and he will be responsible for Metso Minerals' after market operations and their development.
Jukka Tiitinen has been appointed the President of Metso Paper Service. Tiitinen has been responsible for Metso Paper's North American roll maintenance business operations. Jukka Tiitinen will report to Metso Paper's President Juhani Pakkala.
Esa Vilmusenaho has been appointed Vice President, Customer Relationship Management, Metso Paper. Vilmusenaho has been responsible for the development of Metso Paper Service's customer relationship management and network. He will report to Arto Aaltonen, Executive Vice President of Metso Paper.
Metso Minerals' new organization
The new organization of Metso Minerals will consist of five business lines. The directors of these business lines have been appointed as follows:
- Pentti Pietilä, Crushing and screening
- Andrew Benko, Minerals processing
- Ronald Kok, Compaction and paving
- Bengt Dehlén, Wear protection and conveying
- Hannu Melarti, Associated products
The sales and after market organization, headed by Gérard Guerrier, supports the business lines and is divided into four areas: Europe, Middle East and Africa; North and Central America; South America and Asia Pacific
Juha Seppälä has been appointed Vice President, Finance and Administration. Bengt Gustafson has been appointed Legal Counsel of Metso Minerals.
In addition to Vesa Kainu, the persons mentioned above will also report to Olli Vaartimo, the President of Metso Minerals.
Executive Board of Metso Corporation
The members of Metso's Executive Board are from October 1, 2001 onwards:
- Tor Bergman, President and CEO, Metso Corporation, Chairman
- Sakari Tamminen, Executive Vice President, Metso Corporation, Vice Chairman
- Juhani Pakkala, President, Metso Paper
- Arto Aaltonen, Executive Vice President, Metso Paper
- Matti Kähkönen, President, Metso Automation
- Olli Vaartimo, President, Metso Minerals and
- Harri Luoto, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Metso Corporation.
The work of Metso's extended Executive Board will be focused on operations demanding corporation-wide development, e.g. technology, information technology, human resource development and the Future Care concept.
In addition to the Executive Board, the members of the Extended Executive Board are from October 1, 2001 onwards:
- Vesa Kainu, Executive Vice President, Metso Minerals
- Bertel Karlstedt, President, Paper Making Lines, Metso Paper
- Andrew Benko, Head of minerals processing line, Metso Minerals,
- Juhani Kyytsönen, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, Metso Corporation
- Markku A Karlsson, Senior Vice President, Corporate Technology, Metso Corporation
- Tapani Vainio-Mattila, President, Metso Engineering
- Vesa Taatila, Senior Vice President, Human Resource Development, Metso Corporation
- Ismo Platan, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer, Metso Corporation
Metso Corporation is a global supplier of process industry machinery and systems. Metso's core businesses are divided between Metso Paper (fiber and paper technology), Metso Minerals (rock and mineral processing) and Metso Automation (automation and control technology). In 2000, the net sales of Metso Corporation were EUR 3.9 billion, and the personnel totaled approximately 22,000. Metso Corporation is listed on the Helsinki and New York Stock Exchanges.
Metso completed its offer for Svedala Industri AB on September 14, 2001. Svedala is a global supplier of products and services for rock and mineral processes. Metso's and Svedala's combined net sales are approximately EUR 5,400 million (in 2000) and the amount of personnel is 32,000.