Metso Paper streamlines its operating structure. The target is to strengthen the resources in customer relationship management and increase the speed and efficiency of Metso Paper's and its business lines' strategy implementation both globally and regionally.
As of April 1, 2004 Metso Paper will be organized into four business lines, which will be responsible for product units as well as the entire life cycle of customers' processes covering new processes, rebuilds and aftermarket services. The following appointments have been made in the business lines:
- Paper business line, headed by Hannu Mälkiä,
- Board business line, headed by Kari Kalliala, who most recently has worked for Jaakko Pöyry Group. He will start in his new position already on March 8, 2004.
- Tissue business line, headed by Marco Marcheggiani, and
- Fiber business line, headed by Arto Aaltonen.
In addition the following appointments have been made for Metso Paper's main market areas:
- Asia-Pacific , headed by Kaj Lindroos,
- Europe, headed by Arto Aaltonen,
- North America , headed by Jukka Tiitinen, and
- South America, headed by Hannu Hakamäki.
The Area Presidents will be responsible for the implementation of the strategies of Metso Paper and its business lines within their areas.
Both the Business Line Presidents and the Area Presidents will report to Bertel Karlstedt, President of Metso Paper.
Metso Corporation is a global supplier of process industry machinery and systems, as well as know-how and aftermarket services. The Corporation's core businesses are fiber and paper technology (Metso Paper), rock and mineral processing (Metso Minerals) and automation and control technology (Metso Automation). In 2003, the net sales of Metso Corporation were EUR 4.3 billion and the personnel totaled approximately 27,400. Metso Corporation is listed on the Helsinki and New York Stock Exchanges.