Recommended for moving 1 to 30 railcars.
- Reversible, ± 15.24 cm (± 6”) spotting accuracy
- Chain driven
- Mounted to the outside of rail (on ties or concrete)
- Pit-mounted (standard), or above ground drive locations
- AC electric (standard), or hydraulic drive options
- Pusher dogs capture truck (store when not in use)
- Travels approximately 18.3 m (60 ft.) or more
- Standard pushing force: 6,350 – 18,100 kp (14,000 - 40,000 lbf.)
- Can handle over 30 cars (straight/level track) with tall dog configuration
Note: Level track preferred; Grades require use of wheel stops
- Reversible indexing at a low cost investment
- Good for gravity receiving operations
- Excellent for flood loading
- Eliminates manual labor
- No wire rope
- Installs in limited space
- Minimal foundation work
How it works ?
The RCM (Reversible chain-driven mover) utilizes a gearbox, driven by an electric or hydraulic drive, to pull a closed loop of chain. The ends of the chain attach to a pusher carriage containing two pusher dogs that capture the side of the frame of a railcar truck.