The world’s largest cone crusher
Metso is responding to the customer challenge of reducing energy consumption and employing cost efficient technologies for minerals processing with the MP2500. The MP2500 design links easily with other Metso products to create a simplified, cost effective process flow for high production sites.
- Patent pending hydraulic socket removal system allows the socket to be easily removed from the mainshaft without the need of heat
- Force optimized tramp system calibrated to operate using the ideal balance between protecting the crusher and maintaining a constant setting allowing for a consistent product particle size distribution
- Newly designed Locknut eliminates the need for a large wrench to tighten the mantle allowing for an efficient liner replacement
- Redesigned Hydraulic Power Unit allows for ease of access to all internal components for increased serviceability and maintenance
- FEA optimized design ensures the efficient use of material throughout its construction
- Patent pending two piece mainframe design retains the strength that is needed in a mining application
- Bowl thread auto grease system maintains the proper level of grease
- External backlash adjustment simplified the process to check and set backlash without removal of components
- Special lifting and installation tools are included to simplify crusher maintenance and service
- An available head service stand allows for efficient handling of the head for maintenance and inspection in any orientation
The MP2500 includes many other standard MP features:
- Bronze bushings allows the crusher to continue to operate in the most demanding environments
- Tough ductile iron eccentric includes a replaceable steel sleeve providing a superior bearing surface while reducing part replacement costs should the eccentric experience an overload event
- Forged and hardened spiral bevel gears provide the strength and durability for a high power rating and maximum crusher availability
- The head stub, socket, head ball, and mainshaft are manufactured from forged alloy providing exceptional strength and high component life
- Available smart sensors and transmitters (pressure, temperature, and force) provides the operator with the key crusher performance indicators
As ore grades in the industry decline, more processed ore is required to meet production demands. The MP2500 fulfills this demand by efficiently crushing large volumes of material in a single machine. In addition, the MP2500 has the largest available feed opening in the industry, allowing for improvements in primary crushing and the overall performance of the crushing circuit.
Ease of maintenance and cost-effective operation
From their inception, the MP Series cone crushers have transformed the possibilities for crushing operation in large mining operations. Metso’s decades of experience in the design and manufacture of cone crushers has created a the industry standard for productivity, ease of maintenance and cost-effective operation.
|Closed side setting (mm) For inch, divide by 25.4 / For STPH, multiply by 1.1|
|MP®2500 Fact Sheet|