Metso FieldCare manages any device in any communication protocol
Metso FieldCare provides a single tool with which to manage any device in any communication protocol, and its web-enabled interfaces allow for the information to be distributed anywhere across the user's network in real time. Its ability to show both standard configuration parameters and device-specific functions eliminates the need for vendor-specific tools. This means that user have freedom to choose best-in-class instruments, no need to be tied to single vendor. Metso FieldCare lowers the cost of ownership as it can manage any device and any communication protocol, helps plan maintenance activities and, as part of the process control system, will be a valuable addition no matter what developments may be introduced in the future.
Metso FieldCare is universal FDT-based software. FDT (Field Device Tool) is an open software specification supported by major instrument and control system suppliers. It consists of an FDT frame application and DTMs (Device Type Managers).
It is independent of communication protocol. A DTM is a user interface for device operation that is developed by the device vendor and can be used in any frame application.
Metso FieldCare makes it easy
- With a single tool, you can manage multiprotocol field networks and devices for which DTMs exist.
- Tracking of user changes, this allows for traceability of actions who was logged on, what was done and when
Access to all essential data
- DTMs show all device features, both standard configuration parameters and device specific functions. This maximizes device performance and eliminates the need to have vendor-specific tools, in short, FieldCare helps you get the best out of every device.
- Documentation management, easy access devise specific documents
Open device support
- Any device vendor can create its own DTMs and show all features as they like
- Allows you to choose 'Best in Class' devices, no need to be tied to single vendor
On-line condition monitoring
- Collects on-line data and provides tools for predictive maintenance planning
- Labour is better allocated to the right problems and unnecessary work is avoided.
- Service work history report
|Versions||FieldCare Device Setup