Excellent selectivity, highest recovery
Metso's LIMS, low intensity magnetic separators for recovery of ferro magnetic oresto produce pre-concentrates or concentrates are available with three different tank designs, (concurrent, counter-current and counter-rotation) using a common magnetic drum assembly. Two of the tanks are designed to enable easy multi-stage erection.
The CC concurrent tank features:
- Feed box with serrated weir overflow for even distribution of the feed slurry
- Feed entry section to improve on feed pulp distribution thus ensuring full width feed to drum
- Short pick-up zone, which reduces the risk of coarse material settling on tank bottom.
- Exchangeable outlet spigots in tank bottom to allow coarse material to discharge trouble free
- The CR counter-rotation tank features:
- Feed box with feed tubes
- Feed entry section to improve on feed pulp distribution thus ensuring full width feed to drum;
- Long pick up zone
- Spigot-less, full width weir with adjustable (manual) overflow discharge of the effluent for pulp level control allowing surges in feed flow
- Feed tubes are wear protected on the outside by molded polyurethane saddles and on the inside by polyurethane inserts
The CTC counter-current tank features:
- Feed box with serrated weir overflow for even distribution of the feed
- Feed entry section to improve on feed pulp distribution with full width feed to drum
- Medium long pick-up zone
- Full-width effluent overflow weir for pulp level control
The DWHG features:
- Basically counter-rotation tank design
- Extremely long pick-up zone;
- Entry chamber designed to allow for entrapped air to escape and to improve concentrate drainage;
- Longer magnet assembly arc to compensate for disturbances due to entrapped air in the pulp;
- High gradient style magnetic assembly for recovery of fine to extremely fine magnetic material;
- Full-width weir with adjustable (manual) overflow discharge of the effluent for pulp level control allowing surges in feed flow.
The magnetic system allows for very high loading with excellent selectivity at highest recovery, which reduces the number of units required.
Fewer machines means less maintenance, lower capital and operating cost
High capacity. While the capacity of LIMS is very much dependant on the material to be processed, the LIMS have proven to have outstandingly high capacity thus fewer machines are required.
- Outstanding separation selectivity. The unique magnetic assembly design promotes excellent selectivity between magnetic and non-magnetic material and the need for fewer machines.
- Ease of operation.The Metso LIMS are designed to allow normal variations in feed conditions without the need of any adjustment.
- Low maintenance costs.
- The LIMS are protected against wear by rubber linings of the tanks and rubber or steel covering of the drums. Bearings are designed for extremely long duty and the lubrication can easily be automated.
Low intensity magnetic separators, LIMS, are designed to recover magnetic material from nonmagnetic matter. The separators are of modular design with several frames and process tank designs using a common magnetic drum for ease of selection of the best machine for each individual application.
The magnetic system is using permanent magnetic material to achieve the highest magnetic attraction force with maximum efficiency.
Four different styles of process tanks for wet processing and two significantly different styles of frames for dry processing are available.
OEM (original equipment manufacturer)
We are the OEM for equipment manufactured under the following brand names, and is the only supplier of parts with the original drawings and design details for: Metso, Denver, Svedala, Sala Maskinfabrik and Sala International.