Metso EtaPreShred 6000 is one of the largest pre-shredders on the market
The stationary M&J PreShred 6000 has two different power pack options – 2 x 200 kW and 2 x 250 kW – depending on the required capacity and type of material to be shredded.
Knives and shafts
The large PreShredder is available with 9–16 rotating knives, depending on the required grain size. The knife has a bigger diameter and 2 x 3 knife tips on each blade, providing a higher capacity. The rotating knives are 80 mm thick and made of Hardox steel. Versions equipped with 2 shafts, and 9 knives per shaft, produce a coarse grain size. They are ideal for manual picking lines. The version fitted with 16 knives produces a material < 100 mm, making it ideal as a secondary shredder for use in conjunction with Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) incineration or other applications requiring relatively small grain size.
Key advantages of the M&J PreShred
- Open cutting table reduces wear to the bare minimum
- Bi-directional shredding results in a consistent flow of shredded material onto downstream conveyors
- Asynchronous shredding keeps waste constantly moving, thus improving shredding efficiency. With our aggressive knife design, no pushing device is required
- Central lubricating system is standard on all machines
- Power pack and cutting table that can be mounted separately, to keep more delicate components away from dust etc.
- Automatic reversal, if knives encounter large or tough steel or cement objects
- Intelligent shredding routines automatically adapt to processed material characteristics. The PLC control system is equipped with six standard programs, including two that can be individually programmed
- Hardox steel used in all parts of the cutting table exposed to wear
- Bi-directional shredding with equal speed and torque reduces wear and improves shredding capability and capacity
The best choice in all waste installations
RDF linesWaste is considered a potential energy source and an important growth market for stationary shredders. Most plastic and paper waste Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) plants have specific requirements regarding shredding capacity, grain size and operating reliability to ensure reliable and consistent production. The RDF technology is used at e.g. Waste-to- Energy (WTE) plants, gasification plants, cement kilns etc.
Biomass Companies engaged in biomass processing are increasingly adopting stationary shredders to increase the delivery of consistent, specific carbon-neutral biomass energy products. This selected fuel is attractive to operators of incineration facilities who are keen to reduce their overall carbon emissions.
Waste-to-Energy (WTE) Worldwide focus on recovering as much energy out of waste as possible, has led to waste processing being an important growth market for shredder technology at WTE plants. Numerous technologies now exist to produce fuels and energy from waste. Incineration is the most common WTE conversion but to maintain a consistent flow, increase combustion efficiency, improve emission and reduce costs, it is essential that the waste is pre-shredded. Input could be Bulky, Industrial (C&I), Hazardous, Household (MSW), Wood, Construction and Demolition (C&D), Biomass as well as baled materials like straw.
MBT plants Mechanical Biological Treatment (MBT) companies can increase recycling opportunities when using Metso shredders. By combining Metso stationary pre-shredders with Metso fine-shredders, a perfect RDF can be produced, thus ensuring a maximum recovery of material
Advanced waste and applications technology
M&J shredding technology is based on extremely aggressive knife designs and open cutting tables. These distinct technical advantages ensure our shredders provide outstanding performance when dealing with mixed and challenging materials.
These key features also makes the M&J PreShred 6000 extremely resistant to wear caused by materials and waste normally considered as nonshreddable; including solid steel, reinforced concrete and rocks.
M&J PreShred tackles most forms of waste – even the nonshreddable kind.
|Overall dimension std without hopper LxWxH||7740x2700x4150 mm|
|Weight total included std conveyor||34.3-39.2 ton|
|Electric motor||2x200/2x250 kW|
|Electric control unit||PLC|
|Drive principle||Double hudrostatic transmission|
|Number of shafts||2|
|Rotating speed std||11-32 rpm|
|Number of knives||9/12/14/16|
|Number of counter knives||18/24/28/32|
|Cutting area LxW||3461x2400|
|9 knives||<450 mm|
|12 knives||<300 mm|
|14 knives||<200 mm|
|16 knives||<100 mm|
|Capacity per hour|
|Household waste||Up to 200 ton|
|Demolition wood||Up to 100 ton|
|Industrial waste||Up to 50 ton|
|Bulky waste||Up to 70 ton|