Large aggressive knives and large capacity
The mobile M&J PreShred 6000 has a 390 kW/520 HP diesel engine.
Knives and shafts
The M&J PreShred 6000M is available with 9–16 rotating knives, depending on the required grain size. The knife has a bigger diameter and 2 x 3 knife tips on each blade, providing a higher capacity. The rotating knives are 80 mm thick and made of Hardox steel. Versions equipped with 2 shafts, and 9 knives per shaft, produce a coarse grain size. They are ideal for manual picking lines. The version fitted with 16 knives produces a material < 100 mm, making it ideal as a secondary shredder for use in conjunction with Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) incineration or other applications requiring relatively small grain size.
This unit is equipped with two 4-metre-long shafts and an exceptionally large shredding zone, approx. 7 sq m in size. The cutting table is 5500 x 2700 mm in size.
Key advantages of the M&J PreShred
- Open cutting table reduces wear to the bare minimum
- Bi-directional shredding results in a consistent flow of shredded material onto down-stream conveyors
- Asynchronous shredding keeps waste constantly moving, thus improving shredding efficiency
- With our aggressive knife design, no pushing device is required
- Central lubricating system is standard on all machines
- Automatic reversal if knives encounter large or tough steel cement parts
- Intelligent shredding routines automatically adapt to processed material characteristics. The PLC control system is equipped with six standard programs, including two that can be individually programmed
- Hardox steel used in all parts of the cutting table exposed to wear
- Bi-directional shredding with equal speed and torque reduces wear and improves capability and pre-shredder capacity
The best choice
Transfer stations The cost of waste transportation is an important factor. To save money it is important to shred waste to a manageable size at or near the point of collection. Due to their versatility, Metso stationary pre-shredders are perfect for reducing the particle size and therefore volume of material prior to transportation. Transfer stations is handling Bulky, Industrial (C&I), Hazardous, Household (MSW), Wood, Construction and Demolition (C&D)
Advanced waste and applications technology
M&J shredding technology is based on extremely aggressive knife designs and open cutting tables. These distinct technical advantages ensure our shredders provide outstanding performance when dealing with mixed and challenging materials.
These key features also makes the M&J PreShred 6000 extremely resistant to wear caused by materials and waste normally considered as nonshreddable; including solid steel, reinforced concrete and rocks.
M&J PreShred tackles most forms of waste – even the nonshreddable kind.
|Overall dimension std without hopper LxWxH||11410x2710x4060 mm||10879x3830x3994 mm|
|Weight total included standard conveyor||50.0-52.5 ton||60.0-62.5 ton|
|Diesel motor||390/530 kW/hp|
|Electric control unit||PLC|
|Drive principle||Double hydrostatic transmission|
|Number of shafts||2|
|Rotating speed std||11-32 rpm|
|Number of knives||9/12/14/16|
|Number of counter knives||18/24/28/32|
|Cutting area||3461x2400 mm|
|9 knives||<450 mm|
|12 knives||<300 mm|
|14 knives||<200 mm|
|16 knives||<100 mm|
|Capacity per hour|
|Household waste||Up to 200 ton|
|Demolition wood||Up to 100 ton|
|Industrial waste||Up to 50 ton|
|Bulky waste||Up to 70 ton|