M&J PreShred tackle various type of waste
The M&J PreShred 1000S is available in various configurations. Due to its modular construction, the chassis, conveyor and oil coolers can be adapted to meet individual requirements in either new or existing plants.
- Open cutting table reduces wear to the bare minimum
- Bi-directional shredding results in a consistent flow of shredded material onto downstream conveyors
- Asynchronous shredding keeps waste constantly moving, thus improving shreddingefficiency. With our aggressive knife design, no pushing device is required
- Central lubricating system is standard on all machines
- Power pack and cutting table that can be mounted separately, to keep more delicate components away from dust etc.
- Automatic reversal, if knives encounter large or tough steel or cement objects
- Intelligent shredding routines automatically adapt to processed material characteristics. The PLC control system is equipped with six standard programs, including two that can be individually programmed
- Hardox steel used in all parts of the cutting table exposed to wear
- Bi-directional shredding with equal speed and torque reduces wear and improves shredding capability and capacity
The best choice in more waste applications
Biomass Companies engaged in biomass processing are increasingly adopting stationary shredders to increase the delivery of consistent, specific carbon-neutral biomass energy products. This selected fuel is attractive to operators of incineration facilities who are keen to reduce their overall carbon emissions.
RDF lines Waste is considered a potential energy source and an important growth market for stationary shredders. Most plastic and paper waste Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) plants have specific requirements regarding shredding capacity, grain size and operating reliability to ensure reliable and consistent production. The RDF technology is used at e.g. Waste-to- Energy (WTE) plants, gasification plants, cement kilns etc.
Waste-to-Energy (WTE) Worldwide focus on recovering as much energy out of waste as possible, has led to waste processing being an important growth market for shredder technology at WTE plants. Numerous technologies now exist to produce fuels and energy from waste. Incineration is the most common WTE conversion but to maintain a consistent flow, increase combustion efficiency, improve emission and reduce costs, it is essential that the waste is pre-shredded. Input could be Bulky, Industrial (C&I), Hazardous, Household (MSW), Wood, Construction and Demolition (C&D), Biomass as well as baled materials like straw.
Transfer stations The cost of waste transportation is an important factor. To save money it is important to shred waste to a manageable size at or near the point of collection. Due to their versatility, Metso stationary pre-shredders are perfect for reducing the particle size and therefore volume of material prior to transportation. Transfer stations is handling Bulky, Industrial (C&I), Hazardous, Household (MSW), Wood, Construction and Demolition (C&D)
MBT plants Mechanical Biological Treatment (MBT) companies can increase recycling opportunities when using Metso shredders. By combining Metso stationary Pre-Shredders with Metso Fine-Shredders, a perfect RDF can be produced, thus ensuring a maximum recovery of material
Advanced waste and applications technology
M&J shredding technology is based on extremely aggressive knife designs and open cutting tables. These distinct technical advantages ensure our shredders provide outstanding performance when dealing with mixed and challenging materials.
These key features also makes the M&J PreShred 1000 extremely resistant to wear caused by materials and waste normally considered as nonshreddable; including solid steel, reinforced concrete and rocks.
M&J PreShred tackles most forms of waste – even the nonshreddable kind.
|Overall dimensions with hopper (LxWxH)||mm||5391x2100x3000|
|Electric motor||kW||2x55 or 2x75 or 2x110|
|Electric control unit||PLC|
|Drive principle||Double hydrostatic transmission|
|Number of shafts||pc.||2|
|Rotating speed standard||rpm||14-55|
|Number of knives||pc.||5/6/7|
|Number of counter knives||pc.||10/12/14|
|Cutting area (LxW)||mm||1584x1600|
|5 knives||mm||90% less than 350|
|6 knives||mm||90% less than 250|
|7 knives||mm||90% less than 150|
|Capacity per hour|
|Household waste||ton/hour||Up to 40|
|Demolition waste||ton/hour||Up to 30|
|Industrial waste||ton/hour||Up to 15|
|Bulky waste||ton/hour||Up to 20|