CL 1000 – Chip level indicator
The Metso CL 1000 chip level indicator measures the current chip level in the top of the digester. Extra sensors can be added to obtain any desired measurement range. The CL 1000 is easy to maintain and calibrate and needs no sealing water.
Reliable control of the chip level in continuous digesters and impregnation vessels is most important for good cooking results. A stable level means stable retention time, which helps to maintain uniform conditions in the cooking process. Accurate information about the level is needed whether the levels are controlled by adjusting the outlet device speed, the blow flow, the impregnation vessel sluice flow, the chip feeding rate or by any other means.
- Chip level measured by mechanical forces – no readings from foam or liquor
- No moving parts – no leaking seals
- Uses no water – no risk of freezing
- Easy maintenance and calibration – electric components accessible for -servicing during normal operation
- No sealing water into the digester – saves energy for heating and evaporation.