The dryer section concept, the higher running speeds enabled by it, the energy-efficient technology, and the conceptís impact on the quality of paper and board together constitute a whole that affects the efficiency of the entire machine.
Increasing energy costs stress the importance of investing in a dryer section concept where the energy efficiency has been thoroughly investigated. High incoming solids, efficient heat recovery, the new air drying technology, optimized ventilation, the steam supply and condensate removal of Metso dryer section contribute to the overall paper and board making line efficiency.
The new air drying technology, including impingement drying, does not only boost energy efficiency but also contributes to improved machine efficiency in terms of a higher speed and better runnability control throughout the production line. Combined with an effective heat recovery system, the lineís energy efficiency is further improved.
Our board drying concepts for board machines include SymDry, TwinRun and SymRun dryer sections as well as several runnability solutions for new and existing machines.
Key issues to remember in board production:
- Uniform temperature and moisture profile
- Focus on runnability for improved machine efficiency
- Effective ventilation and heat recovery
- Continuous fabric cleaning
- Controlled web shrinkage and stretch optimizes end product quality
- Ropeless tail threading supports efficient and safe operation