OptiReel Plus – 100% reeling performance
is a fully automated, center-driven reel suitable for the most challenging grades and high-speed production lines with online calendering and/or coating. Capable of reeling up to 4.4 m diameter parent rolls, it has an extremely positive effect on material efficiency and improves finishing area capacity.
Optimized parent roll build-up is a feature that makes OptiReel Plus exceptional.
Instead of controlling only the nip load and tension in the roll, as is done traditionally, OptiReel Plus uses a third parameter, torque, to control reeling tightness.
Excellent parent roll build-up minimizes reeling-related losses, improves downstream runnability and makes it possible to wind parent rolls with large diameters.
OptiReel Plus features:
- High turn-up efficiency for every grade, speed and width
- Parent roll loading device for eliminating parent roll surface broke
- Parent roll CD oscillation for up to 140 t parent rolls
- Paper grade specific reel drum groovings and covers
- Soft roll covers to tolerate profile CD variation, improve air control and dampen vibration
- Advanced ReelControl system with a task-oriented user interface
- Fast reel drum changing