Ensuring safe and reliable operations at the plant should always start with defining the valve application and then move on to the correct valve selection. Only after this it is possible to make appropriate safety calculations such as probability of failure on demand (PFD), safety integrity levels (SIL) and optimal Lambda values.
I am waiting to discuss more about the valve reliability prediction with you and warmly welcome you to join the two workshops at Valve World Americas.
Before the event, check out my blog for 3 steps to ensure ESD valve reliability beyond certification.
Global Business Manager, Oil & Gas
P.S. Come to listen to the presentations by my colleagues too.
• June 20th at 11:00 am Ville Kähkönen, Control Valve Reliability Prediction
• June 20th at 11:00 am George Buckbee, Valve Monitoring and the Internet of Things, blog post.
• June 21st at 10:30 am Steven Hocurscak, Challenges in Actuator Sizing and Selection in the Downstream Marketplace, blog post.
• June 21st at 2:00 pm Ville Kähkönen, ESDV Reliability Prediction
• June 20th at noon Speakers Corner, heart of the Expo Floor, Mark Buzzell, Live demonstration of partial stroke testing, blog post.
Oil & Gas Global Business Manager, Metso Flow Control