- Annual General Meeting
- Annual General Meeting 2018
- Annual General Meeting 2017
- Annual General Meeting 2016
- Annual General Meeting 2015
- Annual General Meeting 2014
- Extraordinary General Meeting 2013
- Annual General Meeting 2013
- Extraordinary General Meeting 2012
- Annual General Meeting 2012
- Annual General Meeting 2011
- Annual General Meeting 2010
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting is the supreme decision-making body of Metso.
The Annual General Meeting of Shareholders is held once a year before the end of June. It decides on matters stipulated in the Finnish Companies Act and the Articles of Association.
• Adoption of the financial statements
• Use of the profit shown on the balance sheet
• Election of the Chairman, Vice Chairman and members of the Board, and the decision on their remuneration
• Discharging the members of the Board and the President and CEO from liability
• Election of the Auditor and the decision on compensation
• Proposals made by the Board or a shareholder (e.g. amendments of the Articles of Association, the repurchase of the company’s own shares, share issues, special authorizations)
We publish a notice of the Annual General Meeting no more than three months and no less than three weeks before the meeting on the company’s website and in one or more widely circulated newspapers, or we deliver it directly to shareholders when required by law. Additionally, we publish the meeting notice as a stock exchange release immediately after the Board has decided on the convening of the Annual General Meeting. The Annual General Meeting agenda, decision-making proposals and meeting documents are available on our website at least three weeks prior to the meeting.
All shareholders registered by the record date in the company's list of shareholders maintained by Euroclear Finland Ltd have the right to attend the Annual General Meeting. Each share entitles the holders to one vote. Shareholders are entitled to have an issue put on the Annual General Meeting’s agenda, provided that the issue requires a decision by the Annual General Meeting according to the Finnish Companies Act. The request must be submitted in writing to the Board early enough so that the issue can be included in the meeting notice. On our website, we announce the date by which a shareholder must notify the Board of an issue to be added to the Annual General Meeting agenda.
Decisions are primarily made by a simple majority of votes. Such decisions include the approving of the financial statements, payment of dividends, election of Board members and auditors and their remuneration, and discharging the members of the Board and the President and CEO from liability.
Shareholders’ proposals for issues to be addressed at the General Meeting
Shareholders are entitled to have an issue put on the Annual General Meeting's agenda, provided that the issue requires a decision by the Annual General Meeting according to the Finnish Companies Act. The request must be submitted in writing to the Board early enough so that the issue can be included in the meeting notice. Regarding the Annual General Meeting of 2018, shareholders are entitled to submit the request addressed to the Board at the latest by January
19, 2018 by mail to Aleksanteri Lebedeff, Metso Corporation, P.O. Box 1220, FI-00101 HELSINKI, Finland or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.