Metso in India
Since its inception in India in 1992, Metso has evolved hand in hand with its customers, introducing innovations and services, and at the same time making large-scale investments in its assets across the country. Metso was the first Nordic company to set up a wholly owned subsidiary in India.
We have over 7 regional offices, 4 manufacturing units and 40+ service locations in India. With 1300+ committed employees and 150+ service professionals we provide our customers with world-leading products and services. Headquartered in Gurugram, Haryana the regional offices are located in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata and Chennai along with manufacturing units in Alwar (Rajasthan), Dombivli & Ambernath (Maharashtra), a foundry in Ahmedabad (Gujarat) and two Authorised Repair Facilities (ARF) in Bangalore and Faridabad. We also have a global engineering centre in India performing equipment & systems engineering for local and global needs.
Key milestones of Metso’s journey in India
- 1992 Metso’s predecessors, Svedala and Nordberg, start operations in India in 1992 and 1997, respectively.
- 1998 Metso’s manufacturing unit starts production in 1998 in Bawal, Haryana
- 2000 Metso acquires foundry in Ahmedabad from Atlas Copco
- 2001 Bulk materials handling company acquired from joint venture partner
- 2010 Operations at Metso Park in Alwar, Rajasthan, launched, including assembling and testing several market-leading Metso products, such as Nordwheelers, NW Rapids, cone crushers and mobile track-mounted screens for domestic and export markets.
- 2012 Metso Park expands and Bawal operations shift to Alwar
- 2012 Metso opens state-of-the-art valve supply and service center in Vadodara (Gujarat)
- 2017 Metso celebrates 25 years of delivering results
- 2018 Metso starts two Valve manufacturing and supply centers in Dombivli & Ambernath (Maharashtra)
Watch the video and join us for some of the highlights from this journey: