Don’t let problems sink your recovery rates – using APC for maximum performance
During this webinar, we will present a brief description of how Metso Outotec designs and implements optimizing control on flotation cells. Our APC experts Jeff McKay and Geoffrey Legrand will also dive into several critical questions and potential issues that can be encountered including:
- Where should froth cameras be located, when they are not needed and when they will simply not work.
- How to know if you should use air or level to control the froth velocity/pulling rate from a flotation cell and which cells you should pull the hardest.
- What happens if the cell level control has problems like a sticky ball float?
- Can and should you use a camera as a visual grade analyzer or as a way to control reagents.
- Besides froth velocity (pulling rate), what else can cameras tell us about flotation?
After this webinar, you will learn:
- An overview of the logic behind setting up your flotation controls
- The most common issues you can run into when working with cameras and controls
- Tips and tricks how to best utilize a controls system
This webinar duration is 1 hour and is in English
Complete the form to watch!
Process Control Hardware Manager, Metso:Outotec
Geoffrey Legrand is responsible of the production, development and commissioning of advanced sensors for Advanced Process Control system, like VisioRock™ and VisioFroth™. After 13 years as an advanced process control engineer with Metso, Geoffrey has developed an extensive expertise in different type of advanced process control, especially for grinding and flotation, including advanced vision and audio sensors.