Metso showcasing innovations for the mining industry at Expomin 2018 in Chile
Metso Corporation press release, April 16, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. EEST
At the 15th Exhibition and World Congress for Latin American Mining, Expomin 2018, Metso will be presenting a variety of product Industry 4.0 applications and tailored solutions to improve process and resource efficiency while reducing operational costs in mining operations. The exhibition is part of Metso's anniversary activities, celebrating 150 years of delivering results to our customers around the world.
"Miners in Chile as well as globally are rethinking their strategies to unlock productivity, tackle depleting ore grades, and optimize the total cost of ownership of their operations - in a sustainable manner. For the past 150 years, we at Metso have made significant step-changes to help our customers to adapt to varying market conditions. Expomin is an excellent platform to present how we can help our customers solve the challenges of today and tomorrow, and to continue dialogue on these vital themes for the industry," says Eduard Nilo, senior vice president for Metso's Pacific Rim market area and general manager of Metso Chile.
During the exhibition, Metso will showcase a number of industry-leading solutions, including the award-winning Metso HRC(TM) 3000 crusher, which is the largest fully operating high-pressure grinding roll (HPGR) in the world. The energy-efficient comminution solution can achieve an ore processing capability of over 5,400 tph. The featured solutions at the show also include:
- The world's largest cone crusher, the Nordberg® MP 2500(TM), which helps customers achieve production targets through greater performance and higher availability
- The Crusher Upgrade service, designed to increase the productivity of Superior(TM), Nordberg(TM) and Symons(TM) crushers to achieve similar performance to modern Metso crushers
- Industry 4.0 solutions, such as the AudioMill(TM) sound spectrum analysis tool for SAG mills and Vertical Plate Pressure Filters VPA with smart PLC control system for fully automatic filter operation
- Metso Life Cycle Services, a holistic service concept to meet individual business goals
- The patented mill lining concept Megaliner(TM), which decreases the installation time of coatings by up to 40 percent, dramatically improving safety and maximizing mill availability
- The Poly-Met mill lining solution
The Expomin Exhibition and World Congress takes place in Santiago, Chile, on April 23-27. We invite visitors to join our experts for training sessions and discussions in our experience room at the Metso Booth, No. 06, Exterior Pavilion F. A more detailed description of the featured solutions and Metso's exhibition program is available on our website.
Metso is a world-leading industrial company offering equipment and services for the sustainable processing and flow of natural resources in the mining, aggregates, recycling and process industries. With our unique knowledge and innovative solutions, we help our customers improve their operational efficiency, reduce risks and increase profitability. Metso is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki in Finland and had sales of about EUR 2.7 billion in 2017. Metso employs over 12,000 people in more than 50 countries. metso.com, twitter.com/metsogroup
For further information, please contact:
Macarena Vallejo, Customer Marketing Operations Manager - Pacific Rim, Metso Chile, Tel. +56 32 227 0650, Email: email@example.com
Helena Marjaranta, Vice President, Communications and Stakeholder Relations, Metso Corporation, Tel. +358 20 484 3212, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caption: A featured solution at Expomin 2018, Metso's HRC3000 high-pressure grinding roll is more energy-efficient than traditional HPGRs. In the second half of 2017, the solutions reached a milestone of one hundred million short tons of crushed ore at Freeport-McMoRan's copper mine in Morenci, Arizona, USA.
Caption: Metso's experts welcome Expomin visitors to training sessions and discussions in our experience room at the Booth, No. 06, Exterior Pavilion F.