Customers and Business Partners
We at Metso are committed to protect the personal data of individuals representing our contractual partner such as supplier or customer company, and handle their personal data in a transparent and fair manner complying with the applicable privacy laws.
The purpose of this notice is to inform you, as a representative of our business partner, about our processing activities related to your personal data. This notice contains the following information:
- Why and how do we use your personal data
- What kind of information do we collect about you
- Do we share information on you outside Metso?
- For how long do we store information on you?
- How do we protect your personal data?
- What are your rights related to personal data processing?
- How to contact us?
Why and how do we use your personal data?
Regardless of whether you are representing our customer or supplier company, we at Metso may collect your personal data in order to perform our obligations under the contract. Based on our legitimate interest to operate our daily business, we may use your personal data for following purposes:
- Selling our goods or services to you
- Procuring goods, services or external workforce from you
- Invoicing or paying the good or service
- Delivering or facilitating the delivery of the sold or procured good or service
- Assessing and screening customers and suppliers by conducting due diligence
- Providing customer support for sold goods or services
- Notifying about the new features, updates, warranty or other information about the sold product
- Controlling access to and securing our premises
What kind of information do we collect about you?
We primarily process personal data provided directly by you or generated through website tracking. Personal information we hold about you may include:
- Personal identification data and contact information such as name, title, company, phone number and email address;
- Financial information;
- Information on the customer relationship, such as communication preferences, your product interests and the use of Metso products and services;
- Account login information including your user name and password;
- Location information; and
- Cookies and related technologies
Do we share information on you to others?
We use third parties, such as service providers, to collect, store and process personal data on our behalf. Such service providers are only allowed to process your personal data to the extent necessary for them to provide the service we have requested from them. As a main rule, they are not allowed to use your personal data for the benefit of their own business.
To protect your privacy, we require that all our service providers keep the personal data we provide them confidential and adequately secure. They are also required to abide by data processing agreements and applicable data protection legislation.
Additionally, Metso may disclose and transfer your personal data within the Metso group of companies. As Metso is a global group of companies with affiliates and service providers both within the European Union and outside of it, your personal data may be transferred outside the European Union. The countries to which your data is transferred may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. Despite this, when transferring personal data to foreign countries, we will always look after its safety by ensuring that there is a legal basis for the transfer and that applicable laws governing data transfers are followed.
For how long do we store information on you?
As a main rule, your personal data shall be deleted once it is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected. However, please keep in mind, that we may have the right to hold onto your data even after the contract has ceased for litigation or audit purposes. Retention periods set out in national legislation may vary from country to country.
How do we protect your personal data?
Metso uses robust measures to protect the personal data it holds. These measures include guidelines, procedures and protections meant to limit third party access to the data, but also measures taken to limit our own personnel's and service providers' access to data they do not need in their tasks. If you wish to learn more about the organizational and security measures at Metso, please contact our Privacy Office.
What are your rights related to personal data processing?
As a data subject, you have the right to access the personal data we have collected on you and request that we erase or rectify any unnecessary, incomplete or outdated personal data.
As a registered Metso customer, you may access and amend your contact details and other profile information at any time by logging in your Preference Center account. If you wish to further exercise your rights relating to your personal data, please contact Metso Privacy Office that will address your queries.
We will do our best to resolve any issue you might have related to our processing of your data. However, if you are not satisfied with our answers or actions, you may always turn to your national data protection authority.
How to contact us?
If you have any questions or requests regarding this Privacy Notice or the personal data we at Metso hold about you, please contact our Privacy Office:
- By email at email@example.com
- If you are not able to send an email, you may also visit us in person at our offices in the EU