See how other companies have improved profitability and reduced risk!
Metso VPA vertical plate pressure filters operate in the pressure range of 6-10 bar and are based on the “air through blow” dewatering concept, where water is displaced by air as it passes through a filter cake.
High unit capacity
The weighing system provides accurate production information and can be used to optimize the filtration and drying steps in the filter cycle.
Low dewatering cost
The membrane technology eliminates cracks in the cakes and compensates for the shrinking, resulting in reduced compressed air consumption and total dewatering cost.
Low maintenance cost
Simple mechanical design with few moving parts. Extremely short downtime for cloth changing.
100+ years of experience in minerals processing. Professionals in 50+ countries around the world.
Mechanical dewatering by pressure
Metso VPA pressure filters are developed for filtration of metallic minerals, industrial minerals, coal and tailings.
The filter has simple mechanical construction and design, with few moving parts. By using a pulling hydraulic cylinder system for closing and sealing the filter plate pack, we can provide a compact layout and a light weight support frame design. Polypropylene filter plates are used for good chemical resistance and the light weight.
Fully automatic control system
The pressure filter is controlled by a system consisting of a PLC connected to a screen. On the monitor the filter operator can follow and control the filter operation and information such as settings, statistics and alarms.
• Lightweight polypropylene filter plates are mounted on a bolted steel frame and moved by hydraulic cylinders.
• Adjacent “filter and compression” plates form a filtration chamber. The filter cloths hang between each pair of plates. Rubber membranes are protected by the filter cloth thereby reducing wear.
• By mounting the filter on a load cell system the filtration cycle is monitored and controlled.
• Chambers are top fed for optimum filling. Two sided filtration speeds up the “filling” cycle.
• Openings for pulp, water and air are generously dimensioned to reduce energy losses and wear.
• The VPA design facilitates easy cloth changing.
• Air blow pressure 5-8 bar (73-116 psi). Membrane pressure 6-9 bar (87-131 psi)
Metso VPA pressure filters technical specifications
Contact Metso experts
Your information is safe. Check our privacy notice for more details.
We will shortly contact you. You can send a new inquiry again after 15 minutes.