Vertimill® the industry leader in stirred milling
Metso draws from more than 100 years of mill design and manufacturing expertise, and over three decades of successful Vertimill® applications.
Since its introduction in late 1979, over 440 Vertimills® have been sold worldwide.
The Vertimill® has proven to be a versatile tool that exhibits many advantages over traditional ball milling.
The Vertimill® is capable of handling feed sizes up to 6 mm and grinding to products less than 20 microns, and has standard mill sizes ranging from 15HP (11kW) to 4500HP (3352 kW).
Main features of the Vertimill® are:
- Orebed® Magnetic shell liners – The permanent solution
- Automatically greased bearings
- VFD compatible – Unparalleled process control
- Excellent turndown – Can run at a minimum of 20% power draw which makes it excellent for regrind applications and others with highly variable flows
- Efficient high torque motor
- Solid steel grinding screw with bolt on replaceable liners
- Modular mill body
Lower operating costs than ball mills
- Higher energy efficiency – Typically 25-35% more, greater than 50% energy savings reported
- Lower Media Consumption – Coincides with energy savings
- Low Maintenance – Screw liners are the only major wear component
- Longer Wear Life – low wear parts costs and labor associated with replacement
- High Availability – Greater than 98% is common
Lower total installed cost than ball mills
- Simpler Foundations
- Requires less floor space – Typically 50% less than a ball mill
- Modular Design for faster installation
- Less noise – usually below 85db
- All moving parts are enclosed
Research and development
Large scale installations of multiple Vertimill® are possible and are becoming more and more popular. One recent project has installed 16 VTM-1500-WB in a secondary grinding application. It is projected that the energy and media consumption savings alone will be in excess of $100 million US Dollars over the life of the mine compared with traditional ball mills.
Metso has recently developed a 4500 HP (3352kW) Vertimill®, designated the VTM-4500-C. It will begin operation in 2015 in a primary grinding capacity. The development of this mill and larger Vertimills makes the practicality of Vertimills® in primary and secondary grinding applications very economical.
Our engineers will review your specifications and recommend the proper Vertimill® for your application.
Energy efficient grinding
Vertimills® are globally recognized as energy efficient grinding machines and have been proven to grind more efficiently than ball mills with feeds as coarse as 6 mm to products finer than 20 microns. In addition to grind efficiency, reduced media consumption, lower installation cost, minimal maintenance, and minimal liner wear make the Metso Vertimill® the lowest total cost of ownership in many applications, substantially improving the profitability of concentrators.
|Materials successfully ground in the Metso VERTIMILL® include the following: :|
|Aluminum Oxide||Lime (slaking)|
|Blast Furnace Slag||Magnesium Oxide|
|Calcined Bauxite||Magnesium Concentrate|
|Calcium Carbonate||Manganese Ore|
|Coal - oil||Molybdenite|
|Coal - water||Molybdenite Concentrate|
|Coal Tar Sludge||Oil Sludge|
|Coke - oil||Petroleum Coke|
|Copper Molybdenum||Phospate Rock|
|Copper Concentrate||Pottery Stone|
|Copper Slag||Red Phosphorous|
|Copper-Lead-Zinc Ore||Rock Salt|
|Decanter Tar Sludge||Salt|
|Gold Ore||Silica Sand|
|Lead Concentrate||Zinc Lead Ore|