How others have improved profitability and reduced risks?
Metal shears are robust scrap processing machines that reduce the material to a compact size. They are often utilizes in scrap yards, steel works, foundries and other metal recycling facilities and applications of all sizes. Metso's range of metal shears consists of two product families, Lindemann™ shears and N-Series shears.
Lindemann™ EtaCut II metal shears
Lindemann™ EtaCut II metal shears are the new energy efficient generation of heavy duty scrap shears.
- Shear force: 1000-1600 tonnes (1102-1764 US tons)
- Blade width: 1000 or 1500 mm (39.3 or 59")
- Feeding bed: 8 or 10 m (26.2 or 32.8")
- Main drives: 4 to 6 x 110 kw (4 to 6 x 148 hp)
- Capacity: Up to 87 tonnes/h (96 US tons/h)
Lindemann™ PowerCut™ metal shears
Lindemann™ PowerCut™ metal shears deliver high-performance for medium-heavy, bulky mixed steel scrap.
- Shear force: 800 or 1000 tonnes (882 or 1102 US tons)
- Blade width: 800 or 1000 mm (31.5 or 39.4")
- Feeding bed: 6 or 8 m (19.7 or 26.2 ft)
- Main drives: 3 or 4 x 90 kw (3 or 4 x 121 hp)
- Capacity: Up to 48 tonnes/h (53 US tons/h)
Lindemann™ PowerCut™ Wing metal shears
Lindemann™ PowerCut™ Wing metal shears serve the small scrap yard or as a stand-by.
- Shear force: 630 or 800 tonnes (694 or 882 US tons)
- Blade width: 800-1000 mm (31.5-39.4")
- Feeding bed: 6 m (19.7 ft)
- Main drives: 2 or 3 x 90 kw (2 or 3 x 121 hp)
- Capacity: Up to 25 tonnes/h (28 US tons/h)
N-Series NBS box shears
N-Series NBS box shears are compact, robust and reliable horizontal scrap shears. As one single unit that is easy to transport and install, they are ideal for small scrap processors, remote job sites or temporary demolition sites.
- Shear force: 450 tonnes (496 US tons)
- Blade width: 1500 mm (59.1")
- Feed opening width: 1500 mm (59.1")
- Feed opening length: 2400 mm (94.5")
- Main drives: 75 or 95 kw (100 or 130 hp)
- Capacity: Up to 25 tonnes/h (28 US tons/h)
N-Series NCS clamshell shears
N-Series NCS clamshell shears operate also as baler and loggers. Optimal to small or mid-size facilities where flexibility, low operating cost, ease of maintenance and durability are required. Semi-mobile versions available for fast relocation.
- Shear force: 615, 800 or 1000 tonnes (678, 880 or 1100 US tons)
- Blade width: 930-1000 mm (36-39")
- Feeding bed: 6 or 7 m (19.7 or 23 ft)
- Main drives: 2 x 90 kw - 3 x 130 kw (2 x 125 hp - 3 x 175 hp)
- Capacity, shearing: Up to 44 tonnes/h (49 US tons/h)
- Capacity, baling: Up to 50 tonnes/h (44 US tons/h)
N-Series NIS inclined shears
Gravity fed N-Series NIS inclined shears have fully automatic operation. Especially suited for overlength feed stock and processing re-bar.
- Shear force: 615, 800, 1000 or 1250 tonnes (678, 882, 1102 or 1378 US tons)
- Blade width: 900, 1000 or 1100 mm (35.4, 39.4 or 43.3")
- Feeding bed: 6, 7,5 or 10 m (19.7, 24.6 or 32.8 ft)
- Main drives: 130 to 390 kw (174 to 523 hp)
- Capacity: Up to 50 tonnes/h (55 US tons/h)
N-Series NMS modular shears
N-Series NMS modular shears are ideal for small and mid-size scrap facilities. In addition to shearing, these machines press and cut the metal to a compact size for easier transport and storing. Available as stationary, portable, mobile, and track versions.
- Shear force: 600 or 630 tonnes (660 or 700 US tons)
- Blade width: 890 mm (35")
- Feed opening: Width 2,6 m, height 0.95 m, lenght 6 m (width 8.5 ft, height 3.1, lenght 19.7 ft)
- Main drives: 2 x 90 kW electric or 235 kW diesel (2 x 120 hp electic or 315 diesel)
- Capacity: Up to 15 tonnes/h (17 US tons/h)
Parts and services for metal shears
Metso offers a wide range of spare and wear parts for Lindemann™ and N-Series metal shears.
- Lindemann™ EtaCut II shear parts
- Lindemann™ PowerCut™ shear parts
- Lindemann™ PowerCut™ Wing shear parts
- N-Series NBS box shear parts
- N-Series NCS clamshell shear parts
- N-Series NIS inclined shear parts
- N-Series NMS modular shear parts
Over the years, wear and ageing causes internal leakages resulting in possible machine failures. With Metso’s inspections and maintenance planning services you can avoid unpleasant surprises and keep the machines in top shape. In addition to inspections, we also offer repair, refurbishment, and troubleshooting services.
Metso is your partner in enhancing equipment performance through the best practices.
The performance services offering covers for example equipment upgrades and remote controlling, as well as useful tools such as autopilot, dust suppression, and condition analysis and reporting systems.
Project and engineering services
We assist with professional support right from the beginning of the plant life-cycle, during improvement investments, and in modernization or relocation projects.
A knowledgeable and well-trained workforce is vital to ensure optimum equipment operational skills. Training brings enhanced employee motivation and higher productivity through better utilization of all Metso metal recycling equipment features. This supports proper installation, start-up, operation, and maintenance of equipment, as well as improved knowledge of product-related safety and environmental issues.
Contact Metso experts
Your information is safe. Check our privacy notice for more details.
We will shortly contact you. You can send a new inquiry again after 15 minutes.