Efficient and accurate method for positioning barges
3 types of positioning systems
- Two units opposed: most common and simple approach.
- Double drum closed loop: used where rope travel ranges from 150 – 365 m (500 – 1200 ft.).
- Single drum closed loop: used for shorter rope travel or closed loops up to 180 m (600 ft.).
Shackle and fairlead type sheaves, as well as take-up and breasting winches are commonly used in conjunction with this system.
- Operates in concert with the unloader or loader providing quicker barge through-put.
- Safe and accurate method for positioning barges.
- Breasting systems hold barges securely in place during loading and unloading operations.
- Positioning systems that stand up to the rigors of the river.
|Brochure Railcar and Barge Handling - EN||Download|