Efficient separation obtained
- The separators are available with dust housing designs and magnetic drum assemblies in several designs to meet varying requirements.
- The dry separator is used for iron ore with particles sizes up to 20 mm.
- The magnetic system is available in five designs and allows for very highest loading with excellent selectivity at highest recovery, which reduces the number of units required. Fewer machines means less maintenance, lower capital and operating costs.
- Efficient separation can be obtained with particle sizes in the range of 0.1 mm depending on moisture content up to 25 mm
- By utilizing separators with different drum speeds, it is often possible to obtain a high grade concentrate with middlings and tailings as separate products
- Often, dry magnetic separation can be more flexible than conventional wet magnetic separation and can provide large savings in grinding costs by recovering the valuable minerals at an early process stage.
The dry drum separator consists of a stationary magnetic yoke with a number of permanent magnets placed insidea rotating drum of nonmagnetic material.
The magnets have alternating polarity and are normally of strontium-ferrite. The revolving drum is made in two versions:
1) for low speed, stainless steel with a replaceable wear cover of rubber, polyurethane or stainless steel and,
2) for high speed, reinforced plastic with rubber or polyurethane wear protection.
The magnetic drum assembly is contained in a dust proof housing with an opening at the bottom for discharge of both magnetic and nonmagnetic products. These products are separated by means of a splitter placed under the drum inside of the housing. The whole unit can be dust vented by connecting the plant exhaust system to the outlet provided on the housing.
|Technical Specification LIMS dry drum - English||Download|