A tradition of knowledge and excellence
Today’s high-speed grab (clamshell) unloaders feature short duty-cycles and large capacity grabs for greater unloading volume and efficiency.
- Rail mounted, grab unloaders position themselves to facilitate unloading practices.
- Stationary mounted grabs require a barge/ship positioning system.
- Ergonomically designed operator’ cabs employ latest technology graphic controls.
- Semi-automatic rope and bucket control enhance unloading efficiency.
- Fast and safe bulk vessel unloading.
- Automated controls ease operator fatigue.
- Accommodate all types and sizes of bulk vessels.
- Today’s grab unloaders offer onboard controls and troubleshooting.
How it works
A clamshell bucket, typically controlled by winches and wire rope, digs and hoists bulk materials from the transport vessel, lifting and discharging it into an onboard hopper . As this process is repeated, various types of feeders at the hopper discharge load the material onto a conveyor for transporting to its destination or transfer point.