Why choose Metso for equipment upgrades and optimization?
Over 20 global R&D facilities focused on advancing our solutions
Equipment engineering and design knowledge coupled with extensive field experience
Strict standards and tolerances for guaranteed safety and reliability
From planning to design to project management and execution
Upgrades and process optimization should be considered in unison as both are great ways to give new life to your site. Achieve modern-day performance without large capital investments, allowing you to:
Increase capacity and production: Attain greater throughput without expanding your footprint due to increased efficiency
Improve stability: Achieve consistent output in each stage of your plant, reduce variability and stabilize processes across the site
Reduce downtime and maintenance: Upgraded parts often have modular designs for faster installation as well as stronger materials with greater reliability
Decrease environmental impact: Enable sustainability initiatives while maximizing productivity
Understanding your options
Types of upgrades and retrofits available
Metso has designed many standard upgrade packages for nearly every equipment type. Our pre-designed kits can easily allow you to switch out original components with newer upgraded versions. Additionally, our engineers can create custom retrofits to suit your goals.
- Mechanical: Upgrade components that are subjected to wear for better performance, energy savings and reliability. This can include drive train components and hydraulics.
- Controls/electrical: Integrating modern technology to improve efficiency, ease-of-use, and safety. This can include automation, PLCs and sensors.
Process and project management
Metso can take care of your upgrade projects from start to finish.
- Our experts can help you understand and select from the best solution for your business.
- With access to OEM drawings and specifications as well as our design engineers, you can be sure that any upgrades will be planned and executed to the highest standards.
- Whether the work is done in the field or at one of our global accredited Metso facilities, our team is ready to meet all of your project requirements.
Explore optimization for aggregates
A complete optimization solution for stationary aggregates plants
Gain critical data and insight on your fleet’s operational performance and maintenance needs
Operate your plant from the cabin of an excavator, allowing for superior feed rate control and maximized production
Many brands, all Metso
Cases and blogs – optimization references
Metso helped Pedreira Guaravera in Brazil to increase primary crusher production by 40%
Scandinavia’s largest quarry, Norsk Stein’s Jelsa, saved 500 MWh per year
CMGO’s new Grand-Champ quarry in France uses VisioRock for accurate setting and right-sized products
Metso’s innovative automation technology helps give Gayatri Projects Limited an advantage in India