Deliver safe, world-class loop tuning to every plant in your company.
World-class controller tuning
- Over 700 industrial controllers supported
- Based on 30+ years of Expertune technology
Simple to use for newcomers
- Works in AUTO or MANUAL modes
- No math required
- Drag-and-drop for graphical curve fitting
- Point-and-click tuning
- Built-in simulator to test tuning before you use it in the real plant
- Automatically finds optimal P, I, D, and Filter values
Powerful features for more experienced users
- Customize controller robustness
- Support for cascade tuning
- First-order, second-order, integral, and inverse response models supported
- Simulate tuning with setpoint changes, disturbances, and noise response
- Manually select your preferred tuning
- Digital documentation (log book) of tuning event history
- Keeps history of process models
- Electronic log book for tuning results
- Export data to Excel
- Flexible data collection: on demand or continuous
Brings consistency to tuning, across the entire company
- World-class, award-winning tuning approach
- Choose tuning form simple drop-downs
The easy way to get the right tuning
- Minimal training required
- Built-in safety factors to ensure stable tuning
- Choose the right tuning from a drop-down menu
- No math required
Low risk to the control system
- Manages communications load via simple on/off selections
- Never permitted to download tuning from web browser
- CyberSecurity features built in
- Tuning is tested in simulation before you apply it
Simple to manage software
- Thin client – Browser-based interface so everyone in your company can have access to world-class Expertune tuning from their desktop
- No software to load on user machines
- Single server-based license to manage
- Runs in virtual environment
- Scalable – For as many loops as you have in your company
- Software as a Service pricing, no capital investment required
Problem -A few company-wide engineers managed those tools and procedures. The effort to support multiple applications at multiple sites around the world became too cumbersome and time consuming. They wanted to minimize the installation and maintenance effort, and ensure cybersecurity guidelines were met. This could allow them to focus on the core need to improve process performance.
Solution - Metso proposed Global Loop Optimizer (GLO), a web-based software service. With GLO, users can tune loops at any plant around the world. A user can view live trends, historical trends, and previous tuning work in seconds. History is maintained for every loop and each tuning activity is preserved in an electronic log book.
Centrally managed system administration greatly reduced the time and effort required to support loop tuning. Corporate cybersecurity guidelines were applied at the server level; eliminating the need to manage application security across 40 plants.
For plant engineers, loop tuning is made simple in GLO. Experienced engineers and newcomers benefit from point-and-click tuning, AUTO or MANUAL mode model identification, and recommendations for optimal P, I, D and filter values. Risk is minimized as the engineers simulate tuning response to set-point changes, load disturbances and noise without upsetting the control system.
Metso’s consultants trained the corporate technical team, who then rolled out training to the plants around the world. Ownership for software and server administration was transferred to the corporate IT function.
Outcome - System administration now requires much less time. With responsibilities split between IT and control engineering, each group now focuses on their area of expertise. Plant engineers are freed from administrative tasks and can focus on improvements. Corporate and plant engineers collaborate more effectively because they can both work on a common system.