Why choose Metso for equipment upgrades and retrofits?
Over 20 global R&D facilities focused on advancing our solutions
Equipment engineering and design knowledge coupled with extensive field experience
Strict standards and tolerances for guaranteed safety and reliability
From planning to design to project management and execution
Upgrades are a great way to get new life out of your equipment, allowing you to achieve modern-day performance which brings numerous benefits, such as:
Increased capacity and production: Achieve greater throughput without expanding your footprint due to increased efficiency and functionality
Reduced downtime and maintenance: Upgraded parts integrate modular designs for faster installation as well as stronger materials with greater reliability
Improved overall safety: Modern controls and automation require less human intervention and risk exposure
Maximize ROI and cashflow: Retrofits can be staggered over multiple years, adding annual benefits while matching periodic CAPEX limits
Understanding your options
Types of upgrades and retrofits available
Metso has designed many standard upgrade packages for nearly every equipment type. Our pre-designed kits can easily allow you to switch out original components with newer upgraded versions. Additionally, our engineers can create custom retrofits to suit your goals.
- Mechanical: Upgrade components that are subjected to wear for better performance, energy savings and reliability. This can include drive train components and hydraulics.
- Controls/electrical: Integrating modern technology to improve efficiency, ease-of-use, and safety. This can include automation, PLCs and sensors.
Process and project management
Metso can take care of your upgrade projects from start to finish.
- Our experts can help you understand and select from the best retrofit solution for your business.
- With access to OEM drawings and specifications as well as our design engineers, you can be sure that any upgrades will be planned and executed to the highest standards.
- Whether the work is done in the field by our trained service staff or at one of our global accredited Metso facilities, our team is ready to meet all of your project requirements.
Many brands, all Metso
Cases and blogs - Equipment upgrade references
Codelco Andina in Chile increased availability of Symons crusher by 23%
Mesto and Collahuasi developed an upgrade plan to increase VPA availability by 15%
B2Gold's Masbate Gold Project reduced grinding mill downtime with head replacement
LKAB Malmberget iron ore mine simplified maintenance work and improved safety
Metso and Kinross increase apron feeder capacity by 20% and extend service life of key components
Consider your options to increase production - optimize, upgrade, or replace