Optimize shutdown resources with Metso Shutdowns and Turnarounds solution
To ensure the plant’s safe operation until the next planned shutdown, it’s important to carefully pick out the equipment that need to be upgraded, maintained or replaced. This not only defines the shutdown scope and activities but also determines the shutdown schedule and the needed resources and materials.Despite careful scope optimization, it’s very likely that something unexpected will come up during the shutdown. In such cases, it is crucial to be able to count on a shutdown partner who is capable of adapting and reacting quickly to the changing needs.
With Metso on board, you will have the right partner for crucial shutdown planning to ensure the correct work scope with the needed activities, and materials and resources for effective execution and a smooth start-up. All maintenance activities are implemented following Metso safety and quality standards and thoroughly documented. The key information can be used in future maintenance to improve safety and reliability.
A well-planned and efficiently executed shutdown ensures a safe and reliable process
- Scope is defined based on maintenance needs, plans and service intervals
- Actions are defined based on installed base analysis, life-cycle status, maintenance history, equipment and process criticality
- Condition analysis pinpoints equipment needing proactive maintenance
- Recommendations of correct materials and resources
- Latest design of OEM spare parts that meet original specifications
- Fast response for unexpected situations
- Tag specific service reports and test certificates
- Recommendations for future maintenance, upgrades and replacements to improve process reliability and safety
- Continuous maintenance planning