A resource and eco-efficient mining process
Our focus is on improving resource efficiency – creating more value with less impact. We can help you implement an eco-efficient mining solution by incorporating some or all of the following alternatives:
- Process integration and optimization to maximize the profitability of the overall operation
- High intensity selective blasting (HISB) to improve fragmentation and reduce the energy used downstream
- In-pit crushing and conveying (IPCC) to move material more efficiently
- Pre-concentration using screening and/or bulk ore sorting to discard barren material, reducing haulage and downstream processing requirements
- Energy efficient comminution circuits and technologies to reduce energy and increase capacity
- Coarse particle flotation to reduce the energy consumed in the previous grinding stages
- Filtration and dry stacking of tailings to reduce water consumption, reclamation and closure costs
Making use of existing and emerging technologies, we can help you develop a mining and processing flowsheet for your mine that is significantly more eco-efficient compared with current industry practice. We can help you evaluate options, and if required, adapt or modify technologies and practices for your particular goals and mine. All mining and mineral processing unit operations are considered in a fully integrated manner to establish the optimum flowsheet for the overall operation.
Lower environmental impact and a more sustainable business
Our solution helps improve overall efficiency and asset utilization, resulting in increased production, lower overall costs per ton and reduced environmental impact.
Mining processes need to be more efficient to meet environmental targets and to remain economically feasible. Improving resource efficiency increases the economic return and determines project viability.
Less energy consumption
Less greenhouse gas emissions
Less water consumption
Smaller tailings footprint
Understand how our eco-efficient mining solution can help you
Our team of highly motivated and specialized engineers – mining, metallurgical, chemical and software/electrical – have a strong research background and extensive mining and metallurgical plant production and consulting experience. We look forward to assisting you in achieving a step change in the profitability of your operation.
To learn more, do not hesitate to contact Metso PTI experts:
Roberto Valle, MBA, B.E., General Manager - PTI Global Operations
Mobile: +51 997525292 Phone: +51 1 3134366
Michael Wortley, B.E., General Manager – PTI Products
Mobile: +61 407 387 332 Phone: +61 7 3737 1016
Read more about our capabilities, our solutions – and explore our customer case studies.