Metso Corporation has received a notification, pursuant to Chapter 9, Section 5 and 6 of the Finnish Securities Markets Act, about a change in the shareholding of BlackRock, Inc.
On September 11, 2023, BlackRock's holding in Metso’s shares fell below the 5 percent threshold and amounted to 40,968,111 shares or 4.94 percent of total shares and votes. BlackRock's holding through financial instruments in Metso amounted to 1,751,278 shares, which corresponds to 0.21 percent of the total amount of Metso’s shares. On September 11, 2023, BlackRock's total position amounted to 42,719,389 or 5.15 percent of Metso’s shares and votes. Metso’s total number of shares and voting rights is 828,972,440.
BlackRock, Inc.’s holdings according to the notification:
|% of shares and voting rights
(total of 7.A)
|% of shares and voting rights through financial instruments
(total of 7.B)
|Total of both in % (7.A + 7.B)|
|Resulting situation on the date on which threshold was crossed or reached||4.94%||0.21%||5.15%|
|Position of previous notification||5.02%||0.21%||5.24%|
|A: Shares and voting rights|
|Number of shares and voting rights||% of shares and voting rights|
|ISIN code||Direct(SMA 9:5)||Indirect(SMA 9:6 and 9:7)||Direct(SMA 9:5)||Indirect(SMA 9:6 and 9:7)|
|B: Financial Instruments according to SMA 9:6a|
|Type of financial instrument||Expiration
|Physical or cash settlement||Number of shares and voting rights||% of shares and voting rights|
|American Depositary Receipt (US5926721094)||N/A||N/A||Physical||2,051||0.00%|
Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd
Metso is a frontrunner in providing sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing and metals refining industries globally. By helping our customers increase their productivity, improve their energy and water efficiency and environmental performance with our process and product expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso employs over 16,000 people in close to 50 countries and sales for 2022 were about EUR 5.3 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. metso.com, twitter.com/metsoofficial