- Filtration capacity: 200 – 400 kg/m²h stearin
- Wash ratio: 1 – 3 l/kg ds (co- of counter-current)
- Filtration capacity: 100 – 150 kg/m²h stearin
- Wash ratio: 4 – 10 l/kg ds (co- of counter-current)
Counter current cake washing enables to achieve the stearin crystal quality (iodine value) while reducing the solvent consumption.
Common solvents in these processes are hexane and acetone.
- Filtration capacity: 750 – 1000 kg/m²h dry solids
- Wash ratio: approx. 0,5 l/kg dry solids
Cake washing is used to reduce the olein content in the cake.
- Reduces lifetime production costs
- Improves product quality, value and consistency
- Improves safety, health and environmental (SHE) performance
- Improves yield and productivity