Interim Review for January-September 2018
Metso's Interim Review for January-September 2019 was published on Friday, October 26, 2018.
Metso's Interim President and CEO Eeva Sipilä presented the financial results in an audiocast and a conference call for analysts and investors. Recording is available above.
The confirmation code for joining the conference call is 45862865#.
July-September 2018 in brief
- Healthy activity in all market
- Orders received increased 8%, or 16% in constant currencies, to EUR 883 million (817 million)
- Services orders grew 4%, or 12% in constant currencies, to EUR 461 million (443 million)
- Sales grew 18%, or 25% in constant currencies, and totaled EUR 786 million (667 million)
- Services sales grew 10%, or 18% in constant currencies, and totaled EUR 436 million (397 million)
- Adjusted EBITA was EUR 96 million, or 12.2% of sales (43 million, or 6.4%)
- Operating profit (EBIT) totaled EUR 91 million, or 11.6% of sales (39 million, or 5.9%)
- Earnings per share were EUR 0.40 (0.13)
- Free cash flow was EUR 66 million (58 million)
January-September 2018 in brief
- Orders received increased 13%, or 20% in constant currencies, to EUR 2,595 million (2,298 million)
- Services orders grew 7%, or 14% in constant currencies, to EUR 1,415 million (1,324 million)
- Sales grew 14%, or 21% in constant currencies, and totaled EUR 2,276 million (1,989 million)
- Services sales grew 10%, or 17% in constant currencies, and totaled EUR 1,300 million (1,183 million)
- Adjusted EBITA was EUR 272 million, or 11.9% of sales (179 million, or 9.0%)
- Operating profit (EBIT) totaled EUR 258 million, or 11.3% of sales (159 million, or 8.0%)
- Earnings per share were EUR 1.11 (0.60)
- Free cash flow was EUR 89 million (101 million)
Previous outlook, published on July 26, 2018, in brackets.
Our market conditions are expected to develop as follows:
- Growth in demand to increase for Minerals equipment
- Growth in demand to remain stable for Minerals services
- Growth in demand to remain stable (to level off) for Flow Control The outlook represents expected sequential market development with a rolling six-month view.
Interim President and CEO Eeva Sipilä:
I am very pleased with our strong order growth of 8% during the third quarter. Despite global political and economic uncertainty, we have been successful in offering our customers solutions that deliver sustainable productivity improvements. We continue our intense efforts on R&D and digitalization to further develop our offering globally. In addition, work on growth investments and adjacent acquisitions supporting our profitable growth strategy has continued as planned, demonstrated by our announcement in September to invest in additional foundry capacity in India.
Our 18% sales growth reflects progress in ramping-up our supply chain. We continue to drive multiple actions to further improve our delivery capabilities and flexibility. Our sales mix in Minerals is changing, as indicated earlier, with higher growth in equipment than services. While this affects our margin development to some extent, the expansion of our installed base is important for our future. Nevertheless, we reached an adjusted EBITA margin of 12.2% in the quarter.
Metso’s year-to-date financial results demonstrate, that we have been able to make a step change in our performance this year. The energy and commitment of the Metso people all over the world has been instrumental in this, and we will continue to build on these strengths under the leadership of our new President and CEO Pekka Vauramo, who is taking charge on November 1.